My daughter was going to a birthday party this weekend so I gather what I have around and made a B-day card. For inspiration I used the sketch below from Saturday Sketch and the stamp that I bought from Your Next Stamp, for being a winner on their challenge website. I was excited to receive and use this stamp.
And here is my take on the sketch.....
I wanted to try my hand at making a different card this time. So I gave it a shot and made a "gate" card. It was a challenge trying to do the gate card and the above sketch at the same time. I had to measure everything twice. What's that saying? "Measure twice and cut once"! That's exactly what I did.
For this card, I used DP from Basic Grey. I happend to buy a stack of them a while back and I have enjoyed using them in a lot of my projects. I just love the colors! I didn't feel like digging around for some flowers, so I remembered the shabby flowers I made from a previous card and decided to do the same as well. I love how it turned out. It looks like it doesn't belong but the BG papers made it work! I can't for the life of me remember where and whom the ribbon is from. I want to say May's Arts but I could be wrong. I was a little hesistant to use my copics to color Fhiona but I decided to challenge myself and refused to grab my color pencils. It actually turned out pretty well. I hope the birthday girl enjoys this card as much as I've enjoyed challenging myself to make it.
I will enter this card in the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday: Week #149
Your Next Stamp: Stitching
The Stamping Boutique: Challenge #3, Handmade Flowers
Basic Grey Challenge: More than One Fold







7 comments:
Beautiful birthday card! I love that you made it into a gate card - very cool! Fun handmade flowers too! Thanks for joining us at YNS!
Happy Stamping
Karen
very cute card Hua, so pretty and don't hesitate to use your copics more often, it looks gorgeous
thanks for playing along with us at the TSB challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
Well done! Doing a gate fold can be a challenge and you used a ribbon across and managed to line up both sides perfectly! You should be proud of this card: it's terrific!!
Thank you for sharing it with us for the Stamping Boutique handmade flowers challenge!
Stacie
TSB DT
Lovely card, nice colors and details.
Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday this week.
Hugs, Bente
Gorgeous gatefold card. Thank you for joining in the Basic Grey Challenge this time.
Cathy xx
What a fun happy card, great flowers too.
Thanks for joining us a TSB.
Heide
This is tooo cute...I just love the fold! Thanks for joining us at TSB challenge
Post a Comment