Sunday, February 13, 2011

Truly, Madly, Deeply Card

When I saw this stamp, I was so excited, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  I was esctatic to have receive this stamp just in time for Valentine's Day and for the following challenges.



I used copic markers to color the stamped image. I'm still learning but I couldn't color the hair the way I wanted to and so I had to use coloring pencils.  I wanted to go for a vintage look but somehow I didn't have the right copic colors and threw in some purple. I used distress inks around the image, added lace and ribbons.  I saw this technique and wanted to give it a try.  This card took much more time than I had anticipated.  I think it was mostly because I didn't have the right colors and I really didn't know exactly how "vintage" I wanted to go with this card. But over-all, it turned out okay.  I think, I might give it another shot and try for round two here.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

This CLP: Sketch



Your Next Stamp: Use pretty pleats (flowers and ribbons)
7 Kids College Fund: I {heart} You
Crafty Creations: Three Litte Words
The Pixie Cottage: Sketch or Ribbons (I chose ribbons)
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Have a Heart
Penny's Challenge: Hearts a Flutter
Stampin For the Weekend: St. Valentine's Day
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Love
Stamp Something: Something for Your Valentine

Thanks for Looking and have a {great} Valentine's Day!

13 comments:

cheryl said...

this is really beautiful hun adore the coulrs you have used,bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Julye said...

Fun image and love your ribbon flowers these 2 certainly make each others hearts flutter. Thanks for sharing your card with us all here at Penny's and good luck.

Nanda said...

Beautiful card. I like the flowers you made with the ribbon, very creative. Thank you for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

Hugs,
Nanda

lynne said...

what a stunning card! The image is fab, glad you got it in time! You have coloured it perfectly!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month for our "Love" challenge!

Lynne x

Courtney said...

This is gorgeous Hua! Thanks for playing along with our “Hearts a Flutter” Challenge this week at Penny’s. Good Luck!

Courtney~

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is brilliant, I love the petal pleats it is superb! Thanks for playing along with YNS pretty pleating challenge! Beth aka BR-T

LindaC said...

I like how you pleated the lace around the semi-circle. Clever! The purple ribbon is pretty. Thanks for playing along with YNS Challenge. LindaC

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our 3 little words challenge at Crafty Creations. It was lovely to see your project! Cheers Claire x

Maureen said...

So pretty! Love the ribbon flowers and the pleated lace! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

Elise said...

This is so pretty!! You've done a wonderful job with the sketch! thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

Sassy Scrapper said...

Great card! I love the ribbon flowers. Thank you for joining us for this months sketch challenge at Crafting Lifes Pieces.
Hugs Bonnie
CLP-Designer

Chelsea said...

Hi Hua, this is a sweet and beautiful take on the CLP Sketch. Your ribbon flowers are gorgeous!
Love,
Chelsea

fairie said...

I see you're in the challenge now, tehehehe... it's really addicting. :)

I didn't know you had this stamp. Very cute, I love the lace.

Goodluck on the other challenges! :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com